The Student Experience Fund is a funding pot which all current School of English undergraduate and postgraduate taught students can apply to. Its purpose is to fund student ideas which will positively impact on the student experience of one or more students within the school. This includes Joint Honours students.
How to apply
Tell us in up to 250 words the outline of your idea. It should:
- improve the experiences of one or more School of English students
- be achievable during one academic year or period of study (think SMART – Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timed)
- cost up to £250*
- be submitted by current students only, either an individual or as a group
Submit your idea here
*If your idea is likely to exceed this, please speak to the ESE Team for advice.
The Education and Student Experience (ESE) Team will read your idea and contact you to find out more. We’ll explain how your idea can be taken forward, either through the Student Experience Fund or in another way.
After we’ve had a chat with you/your group, we’ll support you in your application.
The application will ask you to explain:
- your idea or project
- how it will positively impact on the experiences of one or more students
- how much you want to apply for
- how you would carry out your idea
There are three submission deadlines for applications. A panel will review the applications and decide on allocation of funds. If your idea is funded, the ESE Team will support you to carry it out and review it afterwards. The review involves a report and you may be invited to an end of year showcase event.
If your idea isn’t funded, we’ll look at other ways to achieve your project idea.