R&T Level 4 staff who have been awarded Personal Fellowships are not required to submit an application for promotion through the R&T Promotions Committee.
When an R&T Level 4 member of staff has been awarded a Personal Fellowship, which has been costed at Level 5 and the funds have been received by the University, a Fellowship Pro-forma should be completed by the individual who has been awarded the personal Fellowship and endorsed by the Head of School/Associate Dean for Research (NB By endorsing this, the HoS/ADfR is agreeing to any shortfall in costs being met out of the School/Faculty budget). A copy of the funding letter must also be attached to the pro-forma which the HR Business Partner will send to the PVC, Research and Knowledge Exchange for approval.
All applications will be considered as soon as possible, however, no guarantee can be made as to how long the process will take.
If successful, the promotion will be effective from the first of the month after this agreement.
The list below outlines examples of such Fellowships. It should be noted this is not an exhaustive list and if in doubt please seek advice from RGS.
- AHRC Early Career Research Fellowships
- AHRC Standard Fellowships
- BBSRC David Phillips Fellowship
- British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Cancer Research UK Career Development Fellowship
- Cancer Research UK Career Establishment Award
- Cancer Research UK Clinical Scientist Fellowship
- Daphne Jackson Fellowships
- EPSRC Fellowships
- ESRC Future Research Leaders
- European Research Council Starting Grants
- Leverhulme Trust Early Career Research Fellowship
- Marie Curie International Incoming Fellowships
- Marie Curie Intra-European Fellowships for career development
- MRC Career Development Awards
- MRC Early Career Fellowship in the Economics of Health
- MRC Clinical Research Training Fellowship
- NERC Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
- Newton International Research Fellowships
- Royal Academy of Engineering Research Fellowship
- Royal Society University Research Fellowships
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships
- Royal Society Newton International Fellowships
- Royal Society Education Research Fellowship
- STFC Advanced Fellowships
- Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Wellcome Trust Clinical Fellowships
- Wellcome Trust Career Development Fellowships in Basic Biomedical Science
- Wellcome Trust Career Re-entry Fellowships