Working in the UK

The University is an international employer, and we are committed to promoting diversity and equality of opportunity for all members of staff and students. 

The UK immigration system is based on a points-based system.

The majority of overseas workers coming to the University apply through the Sponsored Skilled Worker route, but there may also be other routes available.

The University of Nottingham is licensed to issue Certificates of Sponsorship for Skilled Workers, Tier 4 and Tier 5.

UK withdrawal from the EU

Eligibility to work

Points Based System

Certificate of Sponsorship

Managing migrant workers

Moving to Nottingham



Healthcare in the UK

International Students - Working in the UK


Our HR team is here to support you and can provide specific advice and guidance.


Small group of cartoon people

Contact the HR International Employment Services Team




Last edited Sep 09, 2022