The Visa and Immigration Team has dedicated Immigration Advisers with a wealth of knowledge and experience.
Our team members are:
Head of Specialist Services - Deborah Webb
Visa and Immigration Team Manager - Rosemary Gibson
Senior Immigration Adviser - Ruth Hudson
Immigration Adviser - Melanie Bentham-Hill
Immigration Adviser - Amy Hewitt
Immigration Adviser - Sofia Markopoulou
Immigration Adviser - Hong Sun
Immigration Assistant - Sarah Pickering
We issue a wide range of guides and leaflets with information which addresses our most frequently asked questions.
The team can be reached by telephone at +44 (0)115 84 66125, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are in the UK, in-person.
To see an Immigration Adviser, please refer to our information on drop-in sessions and appointments below.
Using the drop-in service to see an Immigration Adviser
We run a regular drop-in service at the University Park Central Student Service Centre (Cherry Tree Lodge) between 11am - 3pm, Monday - Friday throughout the year. An appointment is not needed.
You are encouraged to use the drop-in service if your query is fairly quick and straight forward, for example if you would like guidance on:
- initial guidance on the Tier 4 extension process
- inviting family and friends to visit the UK
- visiting Europe or the USA
- working in the UK during your studies
- having a change of circumstances form signed
Please note that the above list contains a small number of examples and we are happy to advise on a broad range of issues which might not be covered here.
Making an appointment to see an Immigration Adviser
Appointments are offered at various Student Service Centres on the following days. Appointments take place between 11am - 3pm:
- University Park Central Student Service Centre (Cherry Tree Lodge) on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays during term-time and out of term-time
- Jubilee Student Service Centre (Exchange Building) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during term-time, and Tuesdays and Wednesdays only out of term-time
- University Park East Student Service Centre (Physics Building) on Mondays and Wednesdays during term-time only, no appointments out of term-time
Appointments can be booked in person at the relevant Student Service Centre or by telephone on +44 (0)115 84 66125.
Appointments are for 15 minutes.
You are encouraged to book an appointment if your query may take longer or require more detailed advice, for example if you would like guidance on:
- checking and sending of a visa application, including checking financial evidence
- in depth immigration advice
- health surcharge queries
- bringing your family to live in the UK
- working in the UK after graduating
Please note that the above list contains a small number of examples and we are happy to advise on a broad range of immigration issues which might not be covered here.
Submitting a visa application through the Visa and Immigration Team
We offer a checking and sending service for Tier 4 visa applications for new and current students as well as their dependants. For more details of this service, please see our guide to Extending your Tier 4 student visa in the UK.
Visa applications wishing to be sent need to be handed into the Visa and Immigration Team before 4pm on a Thursday to be included in the batch that we normally send each week on a Friday morning. There is no cost for the service beyond £2 per applicant for postage. You can submit your application during our drop-in and appointment sessions.
If you intend to use the Home Office premium service and attend an in-person appointment at a premium service centre, we would still suggest that you see an advisor at least a week before your appointment to check your Tier 4 application so that it has the best possible chance of succeeding.