Leaving the University



Upon leaving the University, depending on the scheme you are enrolled into, you have a number of options:

  1. Leave your pension in its current scheme  - the pension provider will then remain in contact with you regarding your pension and your annual statements (showing the growth of your pension) will continue.
  2. Transfer your pension – depending on the pension you are enrolled in, you may wish to take independent financial advice, but again your pension provider should be able to give details of your options.
  3. Request to have up to 2 years of your contributions refunded back to you. This will depend on the scheme you are enrolled into and whether your contributions have been made by salary sacrifice.

Your pension provider will be in contact giving full details of your options when you leave.