If you wish to get in touch with our administrative staff, please see the admin staff contact page.
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Arts
My main interests are moral and political philosophy (construed in the broadest sense) and in particular, I continue to pursue an interest in radical political theory/philosophy. Recent focus has been on Marxism and Anarchism which happen to reflect my teaching contribution too.
Work in Progress
- Karl Marx: An Undergraduate Study Guide (text book)
- 'Spinning the third truth value - Rhetoric, Truth and the Law of Excluded Muddle' (Journal paper)
- 'On the Role of Optimism and Pessimism in Political Discourse and Action' (Journal paper)
Teaching Semester 1
- PLATO (An introduction to some major themes)
- MARX (Final year module which takes a thematic approach to the work of Karl Marx)
Teaching Semester 2
- V73ST1 SPECIAL TOPIC ANARCHISM (A reading group course for finalists)
- V73SRT THE EARLY PHILOSOPHY OF J P SARTRE (Lecture based course on the early work of JPS, up to and including Being & Nothingness)
Philosophy Society Liaison
I liaise with the student-run Philosophy Society on behalf of the department. I am happy to help, where I can, with any issues arising in relation to the running and organization of the society. Suggestions for future events and features can be sent direct to me using the email link above.