Institutional libraries inevitably reflect the purpose of the institution. The University of Nottingham holds three parish libraries from Oakham, Elston, and Coleorton, which are naturally rich in early theological and related titles.
Queen Elizabeth's School Library consists principally of classical texts, theology, and church history, and about half of the collection was printed before 1600. In contrast, the 20th-century printed books from a branch of the Magdeburg Public Library represent a typical East German library in the last years of the GDR. They are part of the holdings of the former Institute of German, Swiss and Austrian Affairs (INGASA) at the University. The remains of the Nottingham Medico-Chirurgical Society Library are also held at the University.
The manuscript collections include a few catalogues and adminstrative records of other institutions' libraries.
Next page: Literary and Cultural papers
Kings Meadow CampusLenton Lane
Nottingham, NG7 2NR
telephone: +44 (0) 115 951 4565
fax: +44 (0) 115 846 8651
Browser does not support script.
Connect with the University of Nottingham through social media and our blogs.
Campus maps | More contact information | Jobs