Please read this webpage carefully and ensure that you understand the conditions of the scholarship you have applied for.
The University of Nottingham reserves the right to withdraw your scholarship if you are subsequently found to be ineligible or if these terms and conditions are not adhered to. The University also reserves the right to amend its scholarship provision without notice.
As an International Student Recruitment scholarship holder, you must:
- Accept the scholarship by the given deadline by responding to the award notification – the University reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a scholarship if it is not accepted by the given deadline.
- Meet the conditions attached to your academic offer (if it is a conditional offer).
- Join your academic course at the given start date and before the registration deadline.
- Be registered as a full-time student and be classified as overseas for fee purposes (excluding UoN Ukraine Scholars at Risk Scholarship).
- Inform the funding team of any other scholarships or sponsorship currently held, or awarded at a later date. The scholarship may be adjusted or withdrawn if other sources of funding have been awarded.
- Seek permission and obtain consent from the funding team before making any changes to your programme of study – this includes course transfers, changing the course title, suspending studies, etc. Please note that approval is not guaranteed. Where changes are made without prior approval, the scholarship will be withdrawn and you may be required to repay the scholarship in full.
- Pay all outstanding tuition fees by University deadlines if you have not been awarded a full scholarship, as detailed on our tuition fees webpages. Non-payment of fees may result in the scholarship being withdrawn and full fees being charged to you.
- Maintain your living costs for the duration of your programme of study, if the scholarship has no provision for living costs. The University recommends that students will need £1,023 per month for living costs. This figure is based on student visa requirements for a single student, and students with families will require considerably more.
- Make satisfactory progress on your programme of study. The scholarship is subject to satisfactory progress.
- Repay the scholarship amount, pro-rata, if you withdraw from your course before completion.
- Agree to act in an ambassadorial capacity, to provide student profiles or testimonials if requested, and to attend scholarship or recruitment events as required for the University of Nottingham.
Agree to the University of Nottingham contacting you during the period approximately two years after your graduation for an update on how the scholarship has influenced your career. Your data will also be passed to our Alumni Team who retain data in support of your lifelong relationship with the University (see Alumni Privacy information). For queries or to remove your data from the Alumni database please contact email@example.com
Our scholarship offer
Undergraduate scholarships are only offered for the first year of study. Masters scholarships are awarded for one year only. Other scholarships vary so please check the individual pages for further details. Scholarships are not automatically extendable if you extend your studies.
Scholarships are awarded based on the information provided in your online scholarship application. We reserve the right to withdraw a scholarship, if we are of the reasonable opinion that information provided is not accurate.
Tuition fee scholarships will be deducted from the tuition fees charged to you as a student at Nottingham, split across your payment instalments. We will not pay tuition fee scholarships to you directly. No cash alternatives are available if the total funding you have been awarded is in excess of the tuition fee.
You may be required to repay the scholarship amount, in full or pro-rata, if you withdraw from your course before completion.
Scholarships cannot be deferred to the following academic year, even if your academic offer is deferred. If you decide to defer your studies at Nottingham, you should apply again for our scholarships the following year once you have an offer for the new academic year. There is no guarantee that we will offer the same scholarships each year, or that you will be offered a scholarship again after reapplying.
Where a scholarship is co-funded with an external organisation or donor, we will pass on details (name, title of award, course title, academic school) to the external organisation for the purpose of selection and reporting. Your contact details will not be given to an external organisation or donor without your prior consent.