Our MSc courses enable you to learn in a multicultural environment, develop your professional image and broaden your views on global business issues.
We offer opportunities for overseas study and mentoring by business leaders. Our courses will help you to develop your potential, lead to a new career, or provide a solid foundation for PhD research.
Why choose Nottingham for your MSc?
Nottingham is regarded as one of the UK’s most desirable places to study and work. It is a cosmopolitan and prosperous city with a national reputation for nurturing new business growth.
Our Business School is located on the Jubilee Campus close to the city centre and only a mile away from the University Park Campus.
Choose to study and live in Nottingham because it's:
- one of the safest places for an evening out in the UK (endorsed by the Purple Flag award for safety)
- a lively city with hundreds of places to eat, drink and socialise
- recognised for its excellent shopping, theatres, concert halls, cinemas and international sports facilities
- UNESCO’s City of Literature
- Sport England’s first City of Football
- just 1 hour 30 minutes from London on the fastest trains.
Find out more about the City of Nottingham
You will be taught by renowned academics who are experts in their fields.
You will have access to a number of our leading research centres including:
Through a combination of your academic studies and the careers support we offer, you will be in an excellent position to pursue your next career move.
In the Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2015, the University of Nottingham was ranked number one for employment prospects in a poll of 20,000 students from across the UK.
- In the 2016 FT Top Global Masters in Finance ranking, we featured among the top 10 UK schools for the effectiveness of our careers services and employment outcomes.
- For the past four years, Nottingham has been identified by High Fliers Research as a top target university for the UK’s 100 leading graduate employers.*
Our 2015 MSc graduates have been employed by companies including: Accenture, Amazon, Bank of China, Barclays, Capital One, China Construction Bank, Del Monte, Deloitte, EY, HSBC, Maersk, PwC, Shanghai Commercial Bank, Siemens, Sky, United Nations, 3M.
Find out more about the Business School's careers support for MSc students
More than 17,000 Business School alumni in 110 countries connect you to a powerful global network of business contacts.
Find out more about our alumni network.
Pre-sessional English for Academic Purposes
English language requirements to study an MSc are an IELTS score of at least 6.5 (with a minimum score of 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in each other element) or PTE (Academic) 62 (minimum 55).
More details on the Apply now page.
About the University of Nottingham
A world top 100 University (QS World University Rankings 2016/17)
With campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia, The University of Nottingham is one of the UK’s most popular. It is part of the prestigious Russell Group of universities, and is the second most targeted university in the UK by top graduate employers (High Fliers Research, 2016).
The University has:
- a global reputation for teaching and research excellence
- a population of over 43,000 students
- a thriving community of international students from more than 150 countries
About Nottingham University Business School
Our Business Schools in Nottingham, China and Malaysia are all EQUIS and AMBA accredited by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) and the Association of MBAs – the world’s leading accrediting bodies for business schools.
- We are an international leader in finance and management education and a research pioneer in entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainability.
- We are ranked sixth in the UK for research power which reflects the quality and influence of our research.
- We currently have students from 52 countries studying our MSc programme bringing a global perspective to key business issues.
Read more about us
Accredited MSc courses
We offer courses covering all areas of business. Many courses regularly appear in global rankings and are accredited by prestigious professional bodies.This enables you to gain additional qualifications that employers value.
Find out more about MSc courses
Scholarships available for 2017 entry
We have a significant amount of scholarship funding available for Business School MSc students.
Find out more about Fees and Scholarships
Connect with business
While studying an MSc with us you will meet business representatives, gain practical experience, and have an opportunity to put business theory into practice.
- Our Business Leaders Series attracts top business people to share their expertise and experience with our students, alumni and visitors from the business community.
- Our Financial Minds speaker series brings experts from the finance and financial services sectors to give talks to students, staff and alumni.
- We work closely with a range of placement schemes, community engagement initiatives and organisations to maximise your opportunities for gaining experience and exposure to business practice.
- We have partnered the Department for International Trade's Postgraduate Students for International Business Scheme to connect local businesses with students who can offer language skills and in-country knowledge to support overseas market entry and development.