Biography of Peter Thomas Clifton (1911-1996)
- Sir Gervase Clifton (d.1588)
- Sir Gervase Clifton, 1st Baronet (1587-1666)
- Sir Gervase Clifton, 2nd Baronet (c.1612-1676)
- Sir Clifford Clifton (1626-1670)
- Sir William Clifton, 3rd Baronet (1663-1686)
- Sir Gervase Clifton, 4th Baronet (d 1731)
- Sir Robert Clifton, 5th Baronet (1690-1762)
- Sir Gervase Clifton, 6th Baronet (1744-1815)
- Sir Robert Clifton, 7th Baronet (1767-1837)
- Sir Juckes Granville Juckes-Clifton, 8th Baronet (1769-1852)
- Sir Robert Juckes Clifton, 9th Baronet (1826-1869)
- Henry Robert Clifton, formerly Markham (1832-1896)
- Sir Hervey Juckes Lloyd Bruce, 4th Baronet (1843-1919)
- Percy Robert Clifton, formerly Bruce (1872-1944)
- Peter Thomas Clifton (1911-1996)
Peter was the only surviving son of Percy Robert Clifton, formerly Bruce, and his second wife Evelyn. He was educated at Eton and R.M.C. Sandhurst.
During the Second World War he served with the Grenadier Guards, attaining the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel. He received the Distinguished Service Award in 1945 for his work with the regiment in Italy.
He succeeded his father as owner of the Clifton estates in Nottinghamshire in 1944.
In 1947 Lt.-Col. Clifton sold 944 acres in Clifton to Nottingham City Council for a housing estate. In 1953 an auction of the contents of Clifton Hall took place, and he moved to Home Farm in Clifton. In 1958 he sold the remainder of his estate in Clifton and Barton in Fabis and moved to Dummer in Hampshire. He was a churchwarden at Dummer for many years.
He married in 1934 Ursula Sybil, daughter of Sir Edward Hussey Packe, K.B.E., of Prestwold Hall, Leicestershire.
He married 2ndly in 1948 Patricia Cobbold, and had two daughters.