We host a wide range of events for students, staff, alumni and visitors featuring guest speakers who are leaders in their fields.
Business Leaders Series
Everyone is welcome to come to our Business Leaders Series events, which are open to guests from business, industry and all organisations, and Nottingham staff, students and alumni.
As part of the Business Leaders Series events, Maurice Benisty, Chief Commercial Officer of boutique capital markets firm Demica Ltd, gave an insightful talk in 2018 about the current state of banking.
Our Financial Minds lectures are a series of finance-themed talks by experts for students and alumni at Nottingham University Business School. Our aim is to put today’s top financial minds in front of tomorrow’s financial leaders.
Senior people working in finance and related roles share their experiences and insights about a variety of contemporary topics in finance and financial services.
Talks are usually held on Friday afternoons at the Business School and are open to our alumni, students, and staff as well as visitors from business and industry.
Recent speakers include:
- Robert Zammit – Economist, Bank of England Financial Policy Division
- Mark van Ommen – Principal, Zanders Treasury & Finance Solutions
- Charles Jenkins – Director Aviation, Corporate Banking Division, EMEA, The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd
- Ashish Kumar Chauhan - MD and CEO, Bombay Stock Exchange
- Philip Deakin - Group Head of Finance, Connect Group plc
- Blaise Ganguin - Managing Director, SwissThink (financial consultancy)