You can talk to a member of staff about any aspect of your future. Whether you are unclear about your options, already focused on what you want to do or somewhere in between, we're here to help.
Your careers appointment
What happens at a CV review?
Watch our video to find out what areas of your CV the adviser will focus on.
Check out the advice on our CV page before your appointment.
Short on job ideas? Our advisers can help
Watch our video to find out how to do some preparation before you attend your appointment.
Go to our I have no career ideas page mentioned in the video.
One-to-one appointments at a time to suit you
You can book an appointment to talk about any career-related query you may have including:
- choosing your career
- options for further study
- planning a gap year
- exploring internships
- tailoring your CV or job application
Availability of appointments
- On-the-day 20-minute appointments are available on MyCareer listed as Quick Query appointments
- All other appointments are released two weeks in advance
Book an appointment
Please visit our careers guidance page for details of how we can support you and booking an appointment.
Derby Royal and Nottingham City hospitals
Some appointments are available at Royal Derby, please check MyCareer for details. If you can't find an appointment to suit you on MyCareer, please email us to organise a suitable time.
Business School postgraduates
Careers support for students and alumni of MBA, MSc and PhD programmes is provided by the Business School's Postgraduate Careers team who can be contacted by:
Online and in-person drop-ins
Speak to an adviser - no appointment needed!
Arts team in-person drop-ins
During teaching weeks, they take place on:
- Mondays between 12pm and 2pm in the Humanities foyer
- Tuesdays between 12pm and 2pm in our office on Level D West, Portland Building
Engineering team drop-ins via MS Teams and in person
The drop-ins will take place during term time:
- Tuesdays in person between 12 noon and 2pm in Telford Hall
- Fridays online between 1pm and 2pm on MS Teams. Just click on the link below and follow the team. You will then receive an announcement via Teams when the drop-in opens and closes.
Follow the Engineering team drop-in page on Microsoft Teams
Medicine and Health Sciences in-person drop-ins
For Sutton Bonington students, we will be holding a weekly drop-in during teaching weeks:
- Thursdays in person between 12.30pm and 2pm in The Nest (situated by the Guild Office in The Barn, at the end closest to the Mulberry Café).
Science team drop-ins via MS Teams and in person
These sessions take place during teaching weeks:
- Mondays and Wednesdays in person between 1pm and 2pm at George Green Library
- Fridays online between 1pm and 2pm via MS Teams. Just click on the link below and follow the team. You will then receive an announcement via Teams when the drop-in opens and closes.
Follow the Science team drop-in page on Microsoft Teams
- For computer science students based on Jubilee there will be in-person drop-in sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 12 noon and 1.30pm during teaching weeks, in the Exchange Building Foyer. You can click on the link below to also follow the Jubilee team online.
Follow the Jubilee drop-in on Microsoft Teams
- For Sutton Bonington students, we will be holding a weekly drop-in during teaching weeks every Thursday 12.30-2pm in The Nest (situated by the Guild Office in The Barn, at the end closest to the Mulberry Café).
Social Sciences team in-person drop-ins
These sessions are open during teaching weeks:
- Wednesdays and Fridays between 12 noon and 1.30pm in our office - Level D, Portland Building, UP
- For students based on Jubilee there will be in-person drop-in sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 12 noon and 1.30pm, in the Exchange Building Foyer. You can click on the link below to also follow the Jubilee team online.
Please note: Postgraduate Business School students should contact the NUBS Postgraduate Careers team to find out about drop-in times.
I met with Rachel Curley during my degree. She helped me write personal statements (and get interviews for jobs), helped tailor my CV and outlined what medical employers wanted. Without this service, I’d be wandering in the dark.