Applications are now open for up to 10 fully-funded PhD studentships.
Starting on October 1 2021, the studentships are for three and a half years and include a stipend of (minimum) £15,609 per year and tuition fees.
The topics for the studentships should relate to one of our research groups:
Applicants are normally expected to have a 2:1 Bachelor or Masters degree or international equivalent, in Computer Science or a related discipline, and must obtain the support of a potential supervisor in the School prior to submitting their application. Please contact potential supervisors at least two weeks prior to the closing date for applications.
Closing date for applications: 15 March 2021.
How to apply
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Professor Tony Pridmore (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply, please submit the following items by email to Lindsay Norman (Lindsay.Norman@nottingham.ac.uk):
(1) a copy of your CV, including your actual or expected degree class(es), and results of all University examinations;
(2) an example of your technical writing, such as a project report or dissertation;
(3) contact details for two academic referees - it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that references are requested and sent to Lindsay.Norman@nottingham.ac.uk.
(4) a research proposal – max 2 x sides A4
(5) a covering letter. This must include
- The name of the member of staff of the School of Computer Science who has agreed to support your application (without this your application cannot be considered).
- The University’s job reference number. This can be found at the top of the advert and usually begins SCI.
Closing date for applications: March 15th 2021. Please note: incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.