History undergraduate degrees
The Department of History is a lively community with an international reputation.
Studying with us gives you:
- an exceptionally large choice of modules
- innovative teaching methods that are student-centred and ensure the transition from school is smooth
- exciting opportunities to study abroad in a number of countries
- teaching by internationally recognised scholars
- key employability skills sought after by top employers.
Download our brochure
For people who want to concentrate on studying just history.
If you want to combine studying history with another subject.
Other subject combinations. Study History and...
Based on the evidence available, the TEF Panel judged that the University of Nottingham delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It is of the highest quality found in the UK.
More about the TEF Gold award
How we help you learn
At the heart of our teaching and learning is the student. Staff encourage you to explore, to make your own discoveries, guide you when stray, and suggest routes to learning, but it is up to you to learn to navigate.
You will have a good amount of scheduled contact time but we will also guide you to develop your own study and research skills. Not only will you grow as a historian you'll also develop valuable attributes that employers are looking for.
Maddie Chambers, BA Ancient History and History, talks about the benefits of studying History at The University of Nottingham.
Supporting your studies
A member of staff from your department that:
- provides general support for your academic life
- gives you the opportunity to raise concerns and discuss issues
- supports you with personal issues.
Find out more about personal tutors.
There are some issues that fall between what friends can help with and what you are willing to ask a lecturer you have never met before, and the Peer Mentoring scheme fills that gap perfectly.
Costanza Bergo, BA Art History
Beyond your course