Careers - History
The skills that you acquire on a Nottingham history degree are versatile, wide-ranging and transferable and will prepare you for a wide range of professions. These skills include the ability to:
- think critically, imaginatively and independently
- analyse large amounts of data
- interpret different types of sources
- conduct independent research
- construct logical arguments
- communicate knowledge, ideas and arguments intelligibly and efficiently, orally and on paper
- work effectively in teams
- manage time and workloads
- lead discussions, presentations and debates
Employers talk about the skills Arts students can gain from studying a subject that they love and how these can benefit them in the future.
Our graduates go on to many different careers including:
- marketing and public relations
- information management
We’re consistently one of the top choices for graduate recruitment among UK employers in the annual High Fliers report.
Careers and employability advice
We offer specialist advice from subject-specific careers experts.
Careers and Employability Service
We help you gain valuable skills and enhance your CV while you study.