Manuscripts and Special Collections
We manage and provide access to collections of archives, manuscripts and rare books.
Hayley Cotterill, Keeper of Manuscripts and Special Collections, leads the section.
Keep in touch
Call us on 0115 951 4565
Who we are
Manuscripts and Special Collections is organised into two teams.
Academic and Public Engagement Team
- customer service for users of our materials
- support for teaching, research and public engagement
- digitisation and reprographics
The Senior Archivist (Vacancy) leads the Academic and Public Engagement Team.
We are responsible for:
- acquisitions of archives, manuscripts and rare books
- collections management
- preservation and conservation
- cataloguing and collection development
- archive systems
Nicola Wood, Senior Archivist leads the Collections Team.