Support for mature students
Advice, guidance and support for students over the age of 21 at the start of their undergraduate studies
Services to support mature students
University of Nottingham Libraries offers a wide range of services to help mature students access the resources, spaces and support they need, when they need it.
Resources and spaces
- Click and Collect - Our Click and Collect service is available to all students
- Scanning for personal use - request scans of printed materials available in our collections (within copyright restrictions)
- Postal loans - A postal loans service is currently available for students and staff who meet the criteria.
- Click and Study - We offer bookable study space in our libraries, including height-adjustable desks and calm spaces. Calm spaces are ideal for students who particularly prefer a less disruptive study environment.
Help and support
- Webinars and drop-in sessions - We offer regular drop-in sessions and webinars covering a range of topics from getting started with using our libraries and finding resources to academic writing and time management.
- Learning development – This team supports students with developing their academic (from note-making and time management to academic writing and referencing) and information skills (finding reliable information, using databases and more) through online resources and workshops
- Help and support - Library staff are available to provide support in-person, on the telephone and online via email and live chat.
Back to the top