Are you interested in working in local schools and colleges to promote higher education and the benefits of learning or are you interested in teaching yourself?... the Widening Participation Team has opportunities for you.
- Student Handbook
- Coursework Submission (Lancet)
Download your personal cover-sheet for each coursework set from Lancet. Click on the "Coursework" button on the top left and you'll see a list of your upcoming coursework deadlines (apart from Year 1 Computing).
- Information for Disabled Students
- Examination papers and model answers for the last two years are available via the relevant year group Moodle pages.
- Extenuating Circumstances Form - use this form for
- Explanation for absence from an examination/assessment
- Claim for extenuating circumstances to be taken into account when an assessment has been attempted
- Request for extension to coursework deadline beyond end of Semester in which it is due (see School Office for procedure for short extension requests)
- Request for extension for dissertation/project deadline
- Learning Community Forum (LCF)
- Travel information
- School reading lists
PhysSoc is the student-run society of the School of Physics & Astronomy. Its main aim is to encourage students to socialise with Physics students from other year groups in order to create a unified and friendly atmosphere in the School. This is achieved through social events, competing in sporting events against other schools and through trips to places of scientific interest. All this is organised by the PhysSoc Committee. The main social event of the year is the Science Ball organised in collaboration with other scientific societies and it takes place in the Spring Semester.