Student Experience Fund
Do you have a great idea for something that would improve your student experience, but lack the funds?
The Student Experience Fund is a funding pot which all current Faculty of Science students can apply to. It is open to foundation year, undergraduate and postgraduate taught students.
Its purpose is to fund ideas which will improve the education or university experience of students within the faculty. As well as funding, we may also be able to offer support to carry out your project.
The kind of ideas we can support
You can use the fund for any number of activities which have a positive impact on student experience. These include, but are not limited to:
- sustainability projects
- cultural celebrations (such as Chinese New Year)
- development workshops
- wellbeing events
- external speakers
- celebration meals
- inter-school competitions
We will prioritise funding projects which:
- improve the experience of students from more than one school in the Faculty of Science
- support equality, diversity and inclusion
- demonstrate a high impact factor (cost vs benefit)
- are achievable during one academic year or period of study
The Student Experience Fund is able to award up to £250 for any one project. Please contact Jade Garratt if you think your idea is likely to exceed this.
The application will ask you to explain:
- your idea or project
- how it will positively impact on students
- how much you want to apply for
There are three submission deadlines for applications in 2020. These are:
- Monday 24 February 2020
- Monday 20 April 2020
- Monday 19 October 2020
After each deadline, we will review the applications and decide on the allocation of funds. As a condition of receiving the money, you will need to write a short review of your project to share with faculty staff and students.
Email Jade Garratt with any questions or for support with writing the application.