The first two years provide a good grounding in the broad fundamentals of mechanical engineering science and engineering design. The science subjects studied include thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, solid mechanics, dynamics and electro-mechanical systems. In design, the emphasis is on project work and in both the first and second years, you will undertake a design, make and test project, which you will manufacture in the department's student workshop.
The additional year of the MEng degree gives you an extra year of engineering knowledge and skills and the opportunity to specialise in specific subjects tailored to your career plans.
- Engineering Design and Design Project
- Materials and Manufacturing
- Programming, Professional and Laboratory Skills
- Statics and Dynamics
- Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics 1
- Mathematics for Engineers