You will take 120 credits of modules split as follows:
- Business modules: 30 credits
- Language modules: 90 credits
You will take one or two mandatory modules per language studied. The exact modules will depend on the languages chosen and your existing language qualifications.
Portuguese may be taken alongside Spanish only (and not alongside any other language).
Serbian/Croatian may be taken alongside Russian only (and not alongside any other language).
The remainder of credits will be made up from optional modules relevant to your chosen language(s). There may be restrictions on module combinations.
Mandatory language modules
If have an A level or IB in a chosen language
- French: French 1; Introduction to Francophone Studies
- German: German 1; Introduction to German Studies
- Russian: Russian 1
- Spanish: Spanish 1
If you are wanting to study Mandarin, following an assessment you may be able to start with one of:
- Mandarin Chinese for Beginners
- Mandarin Chinese for the Intermediate Level
- Mandarin Chinese for the Advanced Level
If you don’t have an A level or IB in a chosen language
- French: French 1 - Beginners
- German: German 1 - Beginners; Introduction to German Studies
- Russian: Russian 1 - Beginners
- Spanish: Spanish 1 - Beginners
- Mandarin: Mandarin Chinese for Beginners
- Portuguese: Portuguese 1 - Beginners; Culture and Society in Brazil, Portugal and Portuguese-speaking Africa
- Serbian/Croatian: Serbian/Croatian 1 - Beginners