Thorneywood Congregational Church, Nottingham
Thorneywood Congregational Church was founded as a daughter church of Castle Gate Congregational Church
in 1861. Its buildings were on Thorneywood Lane - the Carlton Road end of the modern Porchester Road in Nottingham. The church closed after the service on 18 February 1968, and has since been demolished.
The few surviving records of Thorneywood Congregational Church are held in the Castle Gate collection at The University of Nottingham (CU/Z2). They comprise minutes of Trustees' meetings, 1883-1893; minutes of Church meetings, Quarterly Meetings and Mission Committee meetings, 1925-1967; a church membership roll from the 1930s or 1940s; a Sunday School admission register, 1909-1914; minutes of Sunday School Teachers' meetings, 1890-1949; and miscellaneous printed items.
One original register from Thorneywood Congregational Church is held in the Castle Gate collection:
- Baptism register, 1925-1964 (CU/Z2/6)
Next page: Norton Street Congregational Church, Nottingham