A wide range of our equipment can be borrowed and taken off-site.
- Apple iPad Pro 10” (2018)
- Samsung Galaxy A 10” (2017)
- Zoom HN4 Pro digital recorder
- Olympus digital voice recorder (encryption)
- Samson Meteorite USB mic
- Deity Lavalier lapel mic
- Canon PowerShot Sx620
- Canon PowerShot G16
- Canon PowerShot G11
- Canon HandyCam video camera
- GorillaPod flexible tablet / camera tripod
- Headphones (with mic)
- Structure Scanner (3D camera to be used with iPad – see above)
Who can borrow
Any student or member of staff associated with the Faculty of Arts can use our equipment for coursework, research, or teaching.
You will need your staff or student ID when you come to collect the equipment.
How to borrow
- Pre-book by visiting our booking site and fill in the equipment you're interested in in the "notes" field.
There are no fixed loan periods. Discuss with us what you want to do and we'll agree the loan period when you borrow the equipment.
Some equipment is pre-reserved for use on teaching modules during certain periods. If you want to reserve equipment for a specified period let us know as far in advance as possible.
Insurance and limitations on use
Some specialised equipment requires insurance to be taken off-campus. Contact us for further information.
Borrowers are responsible for appropriate use of equipment.
Read how one of our Heritage Digital Activity Packs found itself doing research field work in the Philippines!