Capture professional standard digital images using high quality equipment and software.
What you can do
- Photography for publication, web, teaching and research.
- Photograph documents and objects in high resolution.
- Photogrammetry, archive, macro, turntable photography.
- Use specialist software to edit images and enhance images.
- Borrow digital cameras for projects/research/field work.
Why use us
- Achieve high quality images
- Photograph 3D items or pages from delicate or unusual sized texts
- Get advice and support
- Free resource for Faculty of Arts staff and students
- Develop skills that last
- Copy stand with light units
- DSLR cameras (Canon / Pentax)*
- A range of lenses including macro, zoom and fixed*
- Light tents /boxes, green screen, turntable.
- ‘Point and shoot’ digital cameras.
*to be used in DTH only.
- Photoshop - image processing, colour correction, editing
- Lightroom - digital photo processing and editing
What do I need to know?
- Copyright restrictions may exist on your original material. You are legally responsible for staying within the law.
Check our copyright guidance before you start your work
- Booking advisable. If you are unfamiliar with the equipment please let us know when you book. We cannot guarantee detailed knowledge of specialist equipment.
- Insurance may be required if borrowing equipment to take off-site.
How to book equipment
Please email ahead to check the equipment that you wish to borrow or use on-site is available.
Examples of photographic work