Make digital copies of physical objects and spaces for projects, research and teaching.
What you can do
- Scan excerpts from a book or journal and turn it into text you can edit.
- Scan printed images and adjust them for quality or crop out just the part you need.
- Convert photos, slides or negatives into digital copies.
- Scan multiple pages of books directly into pdfs.
Why use us
- Professional equipment and software for high quality results.
- Get usable versions of large or damaged originals or old formats.
- From quick-and-easy proof-of-concept work to high-end detailed scans.
- Integrated into university network for easy file transfer, storage and security.
- Free equipment loan for off-site work.
- Advice and support.
What you can scan
- Printed material up to A0 (841 x 1189 mm).
- 35mm slides.
- Negative transparencies up to A4.
- Physical objects
- Physical spaces in any location.
- Flatbed scanners for printed material.
- Transparency adapters for scanning transparencies on flatbed scanners.
- 35mm slide scanner with adaptors for scanning film strips.
- Bookscanner with book cradle.
- Full photogrammetry set-up (camera, tripod, light tent, turntable, software).
- Photoshop - image processing, colour correction, editing.
- Acrobat - create pdfs directly from your scans.
- Microsoft Office 0365.
- Agisoft Metashape (for photogrammetry).
See our how-to guides for practical advice on creating content (login required)
What do I need to know?
- Copyright restrictions may exist on your original material.
- You are legally responsible for staying within the law.
Check out our guidance before you start scanning.
- Experience of some equipment may be required.
How to book equipment
Please email ahead to check the equipment that you wish to borrow or use on-site is available.