Private Mandarin Lessons
In addition to evening courses we offer one-to-one tuition for individuals and private tuition for small groups who are looking for a more flexible way of learning throughout the year.
These private lessons will be tailored to meet students’ needs and requirements, from complete beginners to advanced learners. Your reasons for joining could be to prepare for HSK exams, to brush up on conversational Mandarin or to get ready to live or work in China. These are just some examples - whatever your objectives, we will do our best to help you achieve them.
We are pleased to announce that all of our private 1:1 lessons can now be delivered face to face on campus or in hybird mode (a mixture of face-to-face and online) to suit students' needs. The timing and mode of delivery of your lessons can be arranged directly with your tutor, subject to staff availability.
One-to-one tuition: £240 per 10 hour lessons for general public; £230 for UoN staff and students
Small group tuition (2-3 people per group): £120 per person per 10 hour lessons, available for group bookings only; £115 for UoN staff and students
How to book
Please arrange an appointment with us by emailing NCI with "Private Mandarin Lessons" in the subject line. During the appointment, you can discuss your needs and availability directly with your tutor prior to making the payment on our online store.
Please note that the above fees do not include costs of the course books, which will be recommended to you to purchase by your tutor after your appointment.
Terms and conditions:
- Once private lessons have begun, fees are non-refundable and no partial refund can be given for any classes not attended.
- Applicants should be over 18 at the start of the course.
For small group tuition, students within the group must agree among themselves in terms of their learning objectives and availability. Should the group break up, NCI reserves the right to cancel the lessons without refund.
- All lessons should take place online or in Si Yuan Building premises during week days, unless agreed otherwise.
- NCI reserves the right to cancel private lessons with one week notice due to unforseeable circumstances. If lessons are cancelled by NCI, a pro-rata refund will be given.
Wherever possible, classes will be taught by the same tutor, however NCI reserves the right to replace a tutor if necessary.
- To reschedule a private one-to-one or small group lessons, you are required to give at least 24 hours notice to your tutor either by phone or email. Failing to do so may result in you losing an hour of your paid lessons.
- The HSK small group lessons can only be rescheduled with mutual agreements from all students and the tutor. One week's notice is required.
- A block of ten hour lessons should be taken within three months after lessons begin, unless agreed by NCI otherwise. Any overdue lessons will be cancelled and no refund will be given.
For enquiries and further details, please contact email@example.com