Intensive Mandarin courses
These 5-week courses run from 6:00-8:00pm, every Tuesday and Thursday from 20 July to 19 August . The cost is £100 per course (totalling 20 hrs). Students are required to purchase coursebooks themselves if they haven’t got them already. Details of the books needed can be viewed here. The learning outcomes for these intensive courses are the same as our standard 10-week evening/Saturday group courses during term time.
Short Mandarin courses
These courses run from 6:00-7:00pm, every Wednesday from 21 July to 18 August. The cost is £25 per course (totalling 5 hrs). Electronic copies of course materials will be provided and are included in the cost.
- Conversational Chinese for Beginners
This new course is designed for students who are willing to improve their spoken Chinese. It is suitable for students with HSK1 and above (around 150 words). By the end of this course, students will be able to exchange greetings and talk about simple topics such as the weather and their jobs, meeting basic communication needs.
- Conversational Chinese Intermediate
Need help getting past pleasantries, general questions and the weather? This course is for students who are willing to improve their spoken Chinese. It is suitable for students with HSK3 and above (around 600 words). Through this course, students will be able to engage in in-depth communication with native Chinese speakers on familiar topics.
- Chinese Characters Course for Beginners
This course is suitable for students who are interested in reading, writing and understanding the formation of Chinese characters. Students studying HSK1, HSK2 and HSK3 levels of courses are welcome to attend. Through this course, students can learn the structure, origin and word formation of 200 Chinese characters.
How to book
Registration is now open
To book a course and pay for your tuition fee, please visit http://store.nottingham.ac.uk and follow the below instructions:
- Click on "Short Courses" on the left hand side menu
- Select "Nottingham Confucius Institute"
- You will see a list of courses for selection
- To book a place, you will need to create an account online first (this should only take a minute). Once your account is created, you can log in with the username (usually your email address) and the password you have entered.
Registration deadline: 12:00 noon, Friday 9 July 2021
Terms and Conditions:
- Fees are non-refundable and no partial refund can be given for any classes not attended.
- Applicants must be over 18 at the start of the course.
- A minimum of 5 students are required in order for a course to run. Should any course not recruit sufficiently a full refund will be provided.
- Where possible classes are taught by the same tutor for all classes, however NCI reserves the right to replace a tutor if necessary.
Your place will be confirmed as soon as five or more students have enrolled on the course or by Wednesday 14 July 2021 at the very latest.
For enquiries and further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org