Following feedback from students, we are extending the opening times of three of our libraries to support students observing Ramadan.
From Wednesday 28 April until Wednesday 12 May, the following three libraries will be open until 4am (Sunday to Thursday):
These libraries are open to all students and all other libraries, except Music, will continue to stay open until 2am (Sunday – Thursday).
Individual silent study space in these libraries will be available without advance booking from 9pm – 4am. At all other times, study space must be booked online via Click and Study. Students will also be able to access books on the shelves and printing services.
It is important to look after your health and wellbeing whilst studying, please visit the Current Students website for guidance on personal safety, mental health and more.
Keeping our libraries safe
Students must always show their University Card for entry to the libraries and follow the Covid-19 safety measures in place.
- Wear a face covering at all times, including when using study space (unless exempt)
- Keep your distance from others including those in your own household or bubble
- Do not eat in our libraries; drinks can be consumed but please replace your face covering as soon as possible
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly and wipe down surfaces before and after use
- Follow directional signage in the library, including one-way routes
Anyone failing to follow the safety measures will be asked to leave the library and will be unable to book study space for seven days.
If you have any questions about our library services or accessing resources, please contact the Library Helpline by email, phone or Live Chat
Posted on Wednesday 28th April 2021