The University has a fleet of 9 Renault Kangoo electric vehicles, accounting for around 15% of the vehicles used by Estates and Catering teams on a daily basis.
The vans can travel up to 80 miles between charges and are extremely cost effective, running at around 3 pence per mile. Not only do they reduce exhaust emissions, resulting in cleaner air locally, they are also very quiet, contributing to a tranquil atmosphere on campus.
Charge points on campus
To support the wider uptake of electric vehicles, staff and visitors can recharge their vehicle for free at charge points on campus. No card is required, however users need a valid University parking permit or a Pay and Display ticket, and can charge their vehicle for up to 3 hours between 8am and 4pm. Please note these are type 2 charge points.
Charge points are located at:
- Jubilee campus - outside Business School South building (2 charge points)
- King’s Meadow campus - in short stay staff parking area (2 charge points)
- University Park - rear of Mathematics building, outside the Estate Office (8 charge points)
- University Park - outside L2, opposite Centre for Biomolecular Sciences (2 charge points)
- University Park - rear of Chemistry, by the loading bay (1 charge point)
- Sutton Bonington campus - in front of Main Building (2 charge points)