The University prides itself on being able to provide a wide and varied catering offer to enhance our staff and student experience.
This presents opportunities to ensure we do this in an ethical and sustainable way.
Our new Sustainable Food Policy sets out the guiding principles we will use to embed sustainability within catering.
Read the Sustainable Food Policy
Here are some of the things we’re doing. Follow the links to find out more.
- Undertaking a Food Made Good sustainable catering rating
- Supporting Fairtrade and working towards a Fairtrade University Award
- Reducing food waste and using Too Good to Go to sell surplus food
- Reducing disposables by moving towards crockery and encouraging reusable coffee cup usage through our Latte Levy
- Implementing carbon labelling on some of our menus using Klimato
- Providing milk alternatives in our cafes free of charge
If you would like to leave us feedback or suggestions, you can submit a response on the online form, or email email@example.com.