Are you looking for additional furniture? Or do you need to clear out surplus equipment?
WARPit is an online portal that makes it easy for university staff to share surplus items such as furniture and office consumables with other university staff.
The average piece of furniture generates approximately 47kg of carbon dioxide equivalents, which is roughly the same amount of greenhouse gases produced by burning around 5.3 gallons of petrol. By using WARPit, the university has already saved 80 tonnes of waste from landfill, and 192 tonnes of CO2.
Many unwanted items are often thrown out, however WARPit makes transfer of ownership quick and easy.
If you have an item you no longer require, please advertise it on WARPit. Or, if you are looking for an item, please check WARPit before you buy new.
Benefits of WARPit
Using WARPit will:
- reduce the carbon emissions associated with purchasing new equipment
- reduce the amount of waste the university sends to landfill
- save money on purchasing new equipment
- reduce the university's disposal costs
- free-up the space occupied by unused equipment
- monitor each transaction to ensure that waste disposal obligations and legal liability concerns are met
How to register
WARPit is simple to use and you need to be a registered user to access it. To register, follow the steps below:
- Go to warp-it.co.uk/UON
- Click the green “Register Now” button.
- Fill in your details.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions. You will receive an acknowledgement email.
- Await approval (this is a security measure as University assets are involved).
- You will then receive an approval email with login details and further instructions. You're now able to search for items and give away or loan out items.