Careers support for masters students
Our specialist postgraduate careers team will help you to plan your career progression and develop your skills through one to one support and access to workshops, employer events and alumni insights.
Postgraduate careers consultants
You will be working with a highly qualified team of careers experts from pre-arrival stage through to graduation and beyond. We have experience of supporting students from all over the world and at different stages of their career.
Our postgraduate careers consultants work with you in a tailored and flexible way. We're here to help you enhance your skills as well as support you in achieving your careers aspirations.
Our work with you includes:
- pre-arrival career preparation webinars
- the Accelerated Career Leaders Programme, an integral part of your MSc course, to provide you with the knowledge and tools to help you kick start your career
- a variety of skills sessions to support your employability
- one to one guidance and personal coaching with career planning, applications, selection processes and professional skills
- access to a range of specialist online resources including job search platforms, career assessments and psychometric tests to help you prepare for employers’ recruitment activities
- exclusive employer events and global networking opportunities
- talks from UK immigration experts for international students and resources to explore work in a variety of countries
With training sessions ranging from career planning, to LinkedIn and networking, to psychometric tests and interview skills, the Accelerated Career Leader Programme is a module you do not want to miss. With the chance to discuss anything from future career pathways, all the way to making applications, you can book in for mock interview sessions, practice recruitment tests, as well as assessment centres.
Careers and employability service
In addition to the specialaist careers support within the Business School, you can also benefit from the university's wider career activities.
University careers service
- Connect with graduate employers through careers fairs, employer presentations and work experience opportunities.
- Take part in a career mentoring scheme.
- Develop further skills through the Nottingham Postgraduate Advantage Award.
- Find out more about working in the UK and working overseas.
What do our masters students do next?
Many of our masters students secure jobs with the world’s leading employers.
Connect with Postgraduate Careers
Already studying with us?
Find out more about the support we can offer you.