Careers support for MBA students
Whether you are looking for a career change or the chance to boost promotion prospects, our expert careers team support our MBA and Executive MBA students in defining and shaping future career plans.
Postgraduate careers consultants
You will be working with a highly qualified team of careers experts throughout your MBA and beyond.
Our MBA career development activities are integrated within your studies and complemented by individual career coaching, networking events and access to specialist resources.
Guidance and support
- The MBA Career Development Programme is integrated with relevant MBA modules
- One to one guidance and personal coaching in career planning, self-promotion and selection processes
- Reflective activities to identify skills, experience and explore personality styles
- Access to specialist resources such as Career Leader, MBA Exchange, Pay Negotiation, professional development webinars and a variety of psychometric assessments
- Exclusive events and global networking opportunities
- Talks from UK immigration experts for international students and resources to explore work in a variety of countries
Our full time MBA graduates have experienced immediate salary increases between 52% and 64% while our Executive MBA graduates experienced salary increases between 45% and 96%
Business School Career Progression Data, employed graduates 2016 - 2018
Gaining further experience
There are a number of ways you can gain experience during your MBA through:
- business challenges and competitions
- student societies
- volunteering opportunities
- work placements
- consulting projects
The PG Careers team were fabulous and absolutely what I needed to make the transition from frontline clinical medicine into the corporate healthcare world.
Please be aware that study abroad, compulsory year abroad, optional placements/internships and integrated year in industry opportunities may change at any time for a number of reasons, including curriculum developments, changes to arrangements with partner universities or placement/industry hosts, travel restrictions or other circumstances outside of the university's control. Every effort will be made to update this information as quickly as possible should a change occur.
What do our MBA students do next?
Many of our MBA students secure jobs with the world’s leading employers.
MBA career progression
Careers and employability service
In addition to the specialist careers support within the Business School, you can also benefit from the university's wider career activities by:
- connecting with graduate employers through careers fairs, employer presentations and work experience opportunities
- taking part in a career mentoring scheme
- developing further skills through the Nottingham Postgraduate Advantage Award
- finding out more about working in the UK and working overseas
University careers service
Connect with Postgraduate Careers
Already studying with us?
Find out more about the support we can offer you.