Careers support for undergraduates
Our tailored programme of support helps students apply what they’re learning at each stage of their degree to the world of work.
All first year Business School students are offered a bespoke module on Personal and Academic Development. This enables you to identify and develop the skills and competencies that will help you with your academic studies but that are also sought after by employers, and so help you to stand out.
By the end of your first year, you will have developed your understanding of - amongst other things - team working, self-awareness communication and personal branding. You will have developed your CV and have a clear understanding of how to prepare for interviews and assessment days.
For those of you on our Placement Year Programmes we run additional training sessions to further help with applications interviews and assessments, as well as preparation for undertaking your placement year to ensure you are fully prepared. We have recently introduced a new Short Term Work Experience Scheme to provide students with limited work experience an insight into the work environment to help develop their knowledge and skills and therefore increase their potential.
Professional development support
The Business School recognises the importance of Professional Development for its students within - as well as alongside - their degrees. As well as the Professional and Academic Development module, we also provide various extracurricular activities throughout the year that enable students to get engaged and further develop the key skills that employers are expecting to see in our graduates.
We will help you to:
- develop employability skills
- prepare for recruitment processes
- prepare for job interviews
- find out about employment opportunities
Careers and employability service
We work closely with our colleagues in the Careers and Employability Service.
- The Faculty of Social Sciences careers team contribute to our skills development activities and can help you with your career planning and job search.
- You can connect with employers through careers fairs, employer presentations and work experience opportunities. A career mentoring scheme is also offered.
- You can also take part in a career mentoring scheme.
Already studying with us?
Find out more about the support we can offer you.