Visa and Immigration Support


We offer professional and confidential visa and immigration support for applicants, current students and their families and recent graduates.

Our team can answer questions relating to Tier 4 visa applications or questions about other visa issues. We can also advise you on inviting your family to visit you in the UK.

You can contact us by email, telephone or in person. We run a regular service where you can meet an Immigration Adviser, Monday to Friday throughout the academic year. 

Obtaining-Your-CAS number


Financial advice

Obtaining your CAS 


Guidance on how to obtain your CAS, for both applicants and current students.


How to apply for a student visa


Information on applying for the Tier 4 visa within the UK and from overseas, plus information on the short-term study visit visa.

Studying at Nottingham

Tier 4 financial requirements


How you should prepare your finances for meeting the Tier 4 visa rules. 


Avoiding a visa refusal        


Avoid common mistakes and make sure your first visa application is your only visa application.


Biometric residence permits


Understand when you need a BRP, ensure delivery of your BRP to the University and other useful information


Visa conditions                   


Guidance on your immigration responsibilities, working rights and police registration requirements. 

Accommodation icon

University visitors               


Information on inviting Academic Visitors and Sponsored Researchers to the UK.

european-council 208x90

Article 50 and Brexit


Information and resources on the EU referendum and the University's stance.

Pre-departure checklist

Contact an Immigration Adviser


Contact a specialised Immigraton Adviser by email, telephone or visit us in person.



Visa and Immigration Team

Cherry Tree Lodge
University Park Campus
Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK

t: +44 (0)115 84 66125