Careers - Philosophy
A degree in philosophy equips you with a broad set of transferable skills sought by most employers.
You will develop the ability to:
- read critically, think independently, discuss constructively
- articulate complex arguments and lines of reasoning
- form judgements from conflicting evidence
- carry out sustained independent research
- manage your time and work to strict deadlines.
Professor Andrew Fisher discusses the benefits of studying an Arts degree and the careers help available.
Our graduates go on to many different sectors including:
- business and finance
- commercial, industrial and public sector management and marketing
- sales and advertising
See what some of our ex-students say about their time here.
The independent view
We’re consistently one of the top choices for graduate recruitment among UK employers in the annual High Fliers report.
We help you gain valuable skills and enhance your CV while you study.
Department specific work experience
University-wide work experience and volunteering
Careers and employability advice
We offer specialist advice from subject-specific careers experts.
Careers and Employability Service