The Nottingham approach - understand the world in order to change it
- Develop key skills in reasoning, ethics and logic.
- Learn to think clearly, argue coherently and communicate effectively.
- Question dominant ideologies, analyse social power and injustices and imagine new and better ways of living together.
An unusually diverse range of modules
Our modules are broadly clustered into:
- Applied, feminist, and social philosophy
- Moral philosophy
- Metaphysics and mind
- Logic and language
- Asian philosophies
- Practical and professional skills
Our diversity allows you to explore widely and concentrate on the areas you are passionate about.
Joseph and Ian give you an overview of two of their modules
Explore all the modules on our Philosophy BA
A global perspective
We offer opportunities to explore the Indian and Chinese philosophical traditions. Understanding other people's way of thinking helps us to successfully connect and communicate - a vital skill in a global society.
Our study abroad schemes also allow you to experience living and learning in a different culture.
A supportive environment
Doing philosophy can be very personal. It can give you new ways to reflect on and understand your own life, habits, and identities, in a world that doesn’t always make that easy. We'll support you as you explore:
- sex and gender
- religion and science
- racism and society
- language and the mind
- ethics and the law
- chronic illness and mental health
Find out more about the support available
Interested? Visit us on an open day to find out more