The Nottingham approach - understand the world in order to change it
- Develop key skills in reasoning, ethics and logic.
- Learn to think clearly, argue coherently and communicate effectively.
- Question dominant ideologies, analyse social power and injustices and imagine new and better ways of living together.
An unusually diverse range of modules
Our modules are broadly clustered into:
- Applied, feminist, and social philosophy
- Moral philosophy
- Metaphysics and mind
- Logic and language
- Asian philosophies
- Practical and professional skills
Our diversity allows you to explore widely and concentrate on the areas you are passionate about.
Descriptions of individual modules on our Philosophy BA
A global perspective
We offer opportunities to explore the Indian and Chinese philosophical traditions. Understanding other people's way of thinking helps us to successfully connect and communicate - a vital skill in a global society.
Our study abroad schemes also allow you to experience living and learning in a different culture.
A supportive environment
Doing philosophy can be very personal. It can give you new ways to reflect on and understand your own life, habits, and identities, in a world that doesn’t always make that easy. We'll support you as you explore:
- sex and gender
- religion and science
- racism and society
- language and the mind
- ethics and the law
Find out more about the support available
Interested? Visit us on an open day to find out more