The University of Nottingham is consistently named as one of the most targeted universities by Britain’s leading graduate employers. (Ranked in the top ten in The Graduate Market in 2013-2020, High Fliers Research).
There is a great demand for our graduates, with transferable skills and competencies integrated into our teaching. Opportunities include;
- business management, finance and marketing
- food manufacture, product development and quality
- environmental and agricultural consultancy
- academic and industrial research
- pharmaceutical development
- healthcare and medical research
- nutritional advice and government advisory roles
We have excellent links with companies, and can help to find the best placement for you. Often a placement year can help you to secure to a graduate job. Our dedicated School Placement Team will support you throughout the process.
Recent students have worked at companies including GlaxoSmithKline, Kellogg’s, McDonald’s, Marks and Spencer, Mars, Mondelez, Nestle, PepsiCo, Sainsbury’s, Tesco and Unilever.
89.5% of undergraduates from the School of Biosciences secured graduate level employment or further study within 15 months of graduation. The average annual salary for these graduates was £23,831.*
* HESA Graduate Outcomes 2020. The Graduate Outcomes % is derived using The Guardian University Guide methodology. The average annual salary is based on graduates working full-time within the UK.