The University of Nottingham is consistently named as one of the most targeted universities by Britain’s leading graduate employers. (Ranked in the top ten in The Graduate Market in 2013-2019, High Fliers Research).
There is a great demand for our graduates, with transferable skills and competencies integrated into our teaching. Opportunities include;
- business management, finance and marketing
- food manufacture, product development and quality
- environmental and agricultural consultancy
- academic and industrial research
- pharmaceutical development
- healthcare and medical research
- nutritional advice and government advisory roles
One way to dramatically increase your employability is to choose a year in industry – the vast majority of placements are paid and it’s a great way of gaining confidence whilst putting theory into practice. Our dedicated School Placement Team will support you throughout the process.
A year in industry can help you:
- Gain the opportunity to put your learning into practice, giving you a better understanding of your studies and the chance to solidify your knowledge in an industry setting.
- Stand out from the crowd as a graduate: many students secure a graduate job as a direct result of their placement year.
- Learn about what you enjoy doing, and your strengths and weaknesses, putting you in a strong position when considering your future career.
Recent students have worked at companies including GlaxoSmithKline, Kellogg’s, McDonald’s, Marks and Spencer, Mars, Mondelez, Nestle, PepsiCo, Sainsbury’s, Tesco and Unilever.
In 2017, 95% of undergraduates in the school who were available for employment had secured work or further study within six months of graduation. The average starting salary was £22,000 with the highest being £30,000.*
*Known destinations of full-time home undergraduates 2016/17. Salaries are calculated based on the median of those in full-time paid employment within the UK.