The Executive Programme in Strategic Technical Leadership
A new leadership programme delivered in partnership with the Technician Commitment.
This brand new programme uses expertise, experience and sector relationships to offer current strategic technical leaders the opportunity to develop key skills for the critical roles they hold in their organisations.
This programme includes opportunities to hear and learn from guest speakers from across the UK higher education and research sector. Through cohort-based learning and individual reflection, delegates will be equipped with skills to develop themselves as an effective strategic technical leader.
Through this programme you will:
- gain an understanding of the UK higher education sector, its current affairs and the evolving landscape for technical staff
- establish your ‘personal brand’ and professional identity to your networks
- develop skills to influence key stakeholders within institutional structures
- focus on technical knowledge including finance / Transparent Approach to Costing (TRAC), and using Research Excellence Framework (REF)/ Knowledge Exchange Framework (KEF)/ Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) to maximise impact, health & safety and funding approaches
The video gives an introduction to what the programme offers, with images of technical staff at work.
Our pilot cohort is currently underway but the second cohort is due to run from early July 2024. If you are interested in joining us, please submit an expression of interest to be added to our waiting list:
Express your interest
Who is it for?
This programme is for current and aspiring strategic technical leads from any UK higher education or research institution.
Twelve places are available in the first pilot cohort, applications for which closed on 31 May.
Places are limited and cost £1,895 per person which can be invoiced to your organisation.
Scholarships are available and awarded upon acceptance to the programme.
I’m delighted that the Nottingham University Business School and the Technician Commitment are working in partnership to deliver the new Executive Programme in Strategic Technical Leadership, a programme we believe to be the first of its kind globally. The new course presents a fantastic opportunity for current and aspiring technical leaders who operate at an institutional level in higher education and research. The course covers a range of key topics and includes insight and guest lectures from experts from across the sector. Participants will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge, grow their skillset and network with sector professionals. We’re really excited to get started!
The pilot cohort of this programme started in July 2023 (including a break for the summer holidays, with a reflection exercise undertaken during this time).
- two residentials – including inspirational external speakers, engaging experiential and impactful sessions and peer networking opportunities. Each lasts for two days and one night and accommodation, meals and evening speakers sessions are all covered by the course fee. The residentials will be hosted at The Jubilee Hotel and Conferences, Jubilee Campus, University of Nottingham on 6 - 7 July 2023 (arrival on 6 July) and 9 - 10 November 2023 (arrival on 9 November).
- seven online interactive workshops between the two residentials. Each session lasts three hours.