Research in the School of Chemistry groups spans the following themes:
The School of Chemistry maintains a vigorous, competitive research portfolio and sustains international excellence within the core-Chemistry areas and in the interdisciplinary research environment at the interfaces with Biomedical Science, Physics and Engineering.
Join our future research leaders
World-class talent, working in multidisciplinary teams and with inspiring leaders, are at the heart of capturing new ideas and translating these into world-changing solutions.
As a research-led institution, the University of Nottingham recognises the value and contribution of early career researchers in delivering its ambitious, high-quality research vision. In order to enhance this vital aspect of our research network we will recruit 100 Nottingham Research and Anne McLaren Fellows by the end of 2020.
Click here to find out more and how to apply
Achieving a sustainable research environment
- new instrumentation to underpin our research base (£8.4M)
- new greener technologies
- research that has contributed to current and future healthcare products, drug discovery programmes and drug delivery systems
- spin-out companies that have delivered marketable products
- a pioneering programme to engage the public interest and understanding of science
- policy changes, economic, educational and environment impacts on emerging economies in Africa
PhD and early-career researchers
- Apply for PhD Opportunities in the School of Chemistry
- Our commitment to research training has resulted in 232 PhD students graduating since 2008
- Career development support for postdoctoral researchers
Working in partnership with industry
- An embedded Business Partnership Unit within the School
- An Industry and Business Science Fellows Scheme to manage knowledge transfer
- The Chemistry Innovation Laboratory that works with SMEs within the East Midlands region
Research Centres and Institutes