Trade Unions

Trade Unions

As an employee of the University, you have the right to join a trade union and take part in the activities they organise .

The University recognises three trade unions to support you and negotiate on your behalf: UNITE, UNISON and University and College Union (UCU).


What you need to know

Want to find out more about trade unions?

  • UNITE – negotiates and represents technical employees at the University.
  • UNISON – negotiates and represents APM and O&F graded employees.
  • University and College Union (UCU)– negotiates and represents R&T grades including academics, lecturers, researchers and higher APM grades