There is a level 3 Met Office heat health alert in place from Thursday 11 August to Sunday 14 August, with temperatures set to be in excess of 33 degrees in parts of the country.
You can find guidance on staying safe in the weather on the Campus News website.
Last update 9 August, 2.30pm
Using our libraries
Most of our Libraries provide air cooling and we aim to stay open in our normal vacation opening hours. However, if we are unable to maintain a reasonable working or study temperature, we may need to close at short notice.
Guidance on available facilities in each of our libraries and the latest updates is available below. Our coolest libraries are Hallward Library and George Green Library on University Park.
Our libraries provide access to fresh cold water so you can stay hydrated. Browse all water cooler locations at WasteNott
Please look after yourself when studying or working - take regular breaks and plan your visit to us carefully. If you feel unwell whilst in our libraries please alert a member of staff
- Water cooler: Turn right after the helpdesk - it is located along the right hand side
- Cafes: Cafe Aspire / Conference Centre
- The computer room at the top of the library gets very warm, PCs are available elsewhere in the library where it is cooler
- Water cooler: Up the walkway from the entrance
- Cafes: Exchange building / Atrium building
- Water coolers: near the toilets on floors B, C & E
- Cafe: From the entrance foyer, follow the stairs down
- Looking for a cool place to study? Try A18 computer room, just outside the library
- Water cooler and cafe: Medical School foyer
- Looking for a cool place to study? Try study space on Level 2
- Water coolers: Level 1 opposite LG102 and Level 2 at the back near the toilets
- Cafe: Turn right after the entrance gates
- Water cooler: Next to the vending machines on the right hand side after the entrance
- Cafes: The Barn and Mulberry Cafe
Posted on Friday 15th July 2022