You will be fined at a rate of £1 per day on any book that has reserved by another library user and returned late.
Each book that goes overdue will accrue a maximum of £10 for each occurrence of being overdue.
When you reach a limit of £10 in fines your library account will be temporarily suspended until you reduce the outstanding charges.
All books auto renew, as long as they are not reserved by anyone else.
You can pay fines/charges:
Pay your fines online
- via your Library account in NUsearch, using your debit/credit card (minimum payment of £1)
- over the phone by debit/credit card
- in cash or credit/debit card at the lending desk
Tell us if you've lost a book and we'll let you know the replacement cost.
You can also provide us with a replacement copy yourself. Read the replacement copy guidance.
Download the replacement copy guidelines (PDF)
Check your emails regularly - we will email you to let you know if someone else has requested your book and the date it is due back
In exceptional circumstances fines may be reduced if:
- it is your first fine (up to £10)
- you have ongoing and proven technical problems with email access
- you are ill or bereaved
- you are away on University business where the location or frequency of travel makes communication particularly difficult