The Midlands4Cities Doctoral Training Partnership (M4C) is a collaboration funded by the Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC) between the University of Nottingham, Nottingham Trent University, the University of Birmingham, Birmingham City University, De Montfort University, the University of Leicester, Wawrick University and Coventry University.
M4C provides combined research expertise for the professional and personal development of the next generation of arts and humanities doctoral researchers.
The Midlands4Cities DTP delivers excellence in all aspects of research supervision and training and provides access to a wide range of facilities, cohort events and placement opportunities with regional, national and international creative industry partners. You will benefit from:
- membership of a world-class research environment
- high quality supervision teams (with the potential for cross-institutional supervision and the inclusion of professionals from the creative industries)
- interdisciplinary and collaborative research opportunities
- placements and professional development activities with partners including the British Film Institute, the British Museum, the V&A, the National Archives, Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham and Derby City Museum and Gallery services, Central Conservatory of Music (Beijing), Nottingham Contemporary, Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, Heritage England, the National Civil War Centre and the National Videogame Arcade.
- engagement with professions and communities who will use your research
AHRC funding is available for all UK and EU students.
See individual research opportunities for details of the Open Doctoral Competition and the Collaborative Doctoral Awards .
See individual research opportunities for details.