Our Swim School programme has supported hundreds of young people and adults to learn to swim or improve their skills from our extensive swimming facilities at David Ross Sports Village.
Available to all ages and abilities, our 1-2-1 lessons are a fantastic way to learn to swim or develop your technique. Our expert instructors offer a tailored approach designed around each individual's need and personal goals.
Our 1-2-1 lessons offer:
- Flexible lessons designed around the individual needs of the swimmer
- Qualified Level 2 instructors for every lesson
- Beginner, improvers and advanced level sessions
- Private section of the pool designated for your lesson
- Equipment provided throughout
Ensuring your safety and wellbeing
University of Nottingham Sport have introduced a range of measures to ensure everyone's safety and wellbeing when visting our facilities and taking part in our Swim School programme.
Before first lesson, please make sure you've read all our Swim School FAQs and information carefully before you attend to familiarise you and your child with all the important changes we've made.
Our new video also explains all the new measures and changes in place.
Our waiting list is now open for 1-2-1 swimming lessons. Customers already on our waiting lists will be contacted directly when spaces become available.
Our 1-2-1 lessons are 5-week bookable courses - 25-minute lessons are £75 per block and 55-minute lessons are £125 per block. We offer options for all ages and abilities as well as a separate programme during the school holidays:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
1-2-1 Block lessons
| Swimmers who cannot yet swim more than 50m || Swimmers confident in deep water / can swim 50m + |
||1 - 4pm
||5 - 7pm
||12 - 3pm
||5 - 7pm
||1 - 4pm
||12 - 3pm
Join the waiting list | Swim School Terms and Conditions | Contact us
Please note before booking, applicable to new and existing customers
- Lessons available to swimmers aged 3 years and above at our main swimming pool (due to pool temperature).
- Instructors will no longer teach in the water so if your child is under 4.5 years, you will be required to accompany them in the water,
- If your child is a Beginner and cannot confidently submerge under the water in standing depth, please ensure they are wearing armbands or alternatively, a parent/guardian is welcome to go in the water to provide support.
- For families with more than one child wishing to attend private lessons, please see our private bubbles option.
- Lessons are suitable for swimmers requiring shallow and deep water lessons.
1-2-1 Pay as you go Lessons
The 121 pay as you go lessons vary in availability and are subject to demand. If you are interested, please contact Front of house to register your interest.
- Saturdays 13.00-16.00
- Sundays 12.00-15.00
Private bubble lessons
Are now available as part of our Learn to Swim programme!
There is a maximum of 2 swimmers per lesson time slot and we advise that the swimmers are reasonably similar in swimming ability for you to be able to get the most from the lesson.
Available in 5-week bookable courses - 25-minute lessons are £115 per block. The days and times available are the same as the block 121 swimming lessons, please see the section 'Joining our 121 lesson'
If you are interested please contact email@example.com