Services for Students


Frequently Asked Questions

Search All the Questions


At present your initial session will be conducted over the telephone, MS Teams and/or video as we gradually return to seeing clients face-to-face.

Arranging an appointment is a two step process:

If you have not completed the form, you will be directed to do so before an appointment will be made.

You will be contacted from a withheld number to make the appointment.


The Counselling Service takes confidentiality very seriously. All client information is treated in confidence. This means that we do not disclose verbal or written information without your permission or consent.

Where you have given consent to a third party (non-UoN) body i.e. police etc to have access to your notes, you will be invited in prior to their release to review them and to be advised of the potential emotional implications.

The only exceptions are where there is a legal obligation to disclose information (which is very rare) or when a member of the service believes the client or other people are at serious risk. In these circumstances we will seek your consent to pass on concerns before information is disclosed.


Yes.  Once Student Services have received your form and updated your student record we will notify the Student Loans Company of the change to your circumstances. 

It can take the Student Loans Company 4-6 weeks to make the changes in their system, so there will be a delay in this showing on your SLC portal.

You can also contact the SLC directly to notify them that your circumstances have changed. 

We may be able to help depending on your personal circumstances. Go to the Financial Support pages for further information.

As there are many different types of funding for different courses, please visit the Financial Support pages for more information and relevant links.


Details of funding offered by the University can be found on the bursaries and scholarships pages. Prospective international students should refer to the International Recruitment Scholarship pages.

Prospective postgraduate students can find more information on our Postgraduate Funding pages


They are opportunities for you to book a face-to-face meeting with a member of the Financial Support team through Microsoft Teams for help and advice about student funding, hardship funds and general funding queries.

For more information visit the Financial Support talk to us webpage.

Once you have graduated from the University of Nottingham, you may be required to provide evidence of your degree. We can produce a degree confirmation letter that will prove that you have studied here and verify your degree result. To request this document select Confirmation of Degree Letter in the Online Store
You can apply for a duplicate certificate and/or diploma supplement. Please visit the Online Store and select the relevant option from the Student Documents and Letters section.
The student's name on the degree certificate should match the student's official record as held by the University. This is the definitive record of the student and their achievement. This information is used for the production of graduation proceedings and degree certificates and names are not normally changed after Graduation unless a spelling or administrative error has been made.

However, the University is aware of its responsibilities under the Gender Recognition Act 2004 and Equality Act 2010. In circumstances where an individual has corrected their name as a result of gender reassignment, and the individual asks the University to reissue a degree certificate showing this name, this request will be granted upon production of proof of name.

Individuals will also be asked how they want their official University record to be reflected for the future and the record will be updated accordingly. Individuals will be required to return their original degree certificate before a new degree certificate will be issued. Changes of name on a degree certificate post-graduation in other circumstances will not be permitted.

Contact the Student Service Centre team to request a change of name.

Displaying 31 to 40 of 237
Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Student Services feedback form

Let us know how we're doing. Whether you've had excellent service or something needs improving, we want to hear from you.

Student Services

University Park

Please see our need help page for telephone and online contact points