Services for Students


Frequently Asked Questions

Search All the Questions


During your time at the University, you may be asked to confirm your status as a current student. A confirmation of student status letter will verify: your course details and start date, your tuition fee liability, your expected completion date and your graduation date (if applicable). To find out more and to request a letter, please visit the Official Documents and Letters page.


If you need to extend your Tier 4 Student Visa whilst studying at the University of Nottingham, you may be asked to provide a CAS. For information on how to request a CAS, please visit our webpages.


If there is an examination missing on your timetable you should first check that your module entries are correct on NottinghamHub.

If these are incorrect, please contact your Student Services Centre.


Actual release dates are confirmed closer to the time, but generally we aim to publish the January exam timetable at the start of December, the May timetable in the early part of April and the resit timetable at the very start of August.

The exam timetable for summative Rogo examinations is published on a rolling basis throughout the year.

Access to your personal timetable is via:


Your School will also make contact with details of non-Rogo exams that take place outside of the main exam periods


The Examinations Office is unable to give out assessment results. Your School/Service Centre will advise when results can be viewed via Blue Castle 

Further information is available on the Outcomes and Results webpage.


Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA) are non means-tested funds to help full and part time home undergraduate and postgraduate students to pay for extra costs they may incur whilst attending their course, as a direct result of their disability, Specific Learning Differences (e.g. dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADHD) or long term medical condition, including mental health issues. They are distributed by funding bodies such as the Student Loans Company, postgraduate research councils and the NHS.   

The allowances help with:  

  • The cost of specialist assistive software and equipment 
  • The expense of a non-medical personal helper 
  • Other general costs such as additional printing costs
  • Extra travel costs the student has to pay as a result of their disability

Details of how to apply for DSA are available via


If your questions relate to the prospective student's Specific Learning Difference, disability or long-term medical condition please visit our Contact us and other key contacts page. 

However, if the questions relate to their course of study please contact the academic School’s Disability Liaison Officer for advice

We are carrying out a small pilot where students will be asked to use cards to register their attendance in addition to signing registers.

It has been a long-established process that attendance is taken at certain teaching sessions.

This pilot is not changing the data we collect, it is simply changing the way in which it is collected.


We have a limited number of card scanners to use in the pilot so we have limited the pilot to students in three areas only.

Displaying 71 to 80 of 237
Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Student Services feedback form

Let us know how we're doing. Whether you've had excellent service or something needs improving, we want to hear from you.

Student Services

University Park

Please see our need help page for telephone and online contact points