Services for Students

External sources of funding

Educational trusts and charities may offer financial assistance to home, EU and international students. These funds often have very specific criteria that you must meet in order to receive their help.

  • Full scholarships are rare, due to the large number of people applying each year 
  • You will usually have to provide evidence that you have tried all other sources of financial help when you apply
  • Funding is very rarely awarded without proof that you have the rest of the money needed to complete your course

The links below are for specialised web sites where you can search for further information. This isn't an exhaustive list and you may want to search for further support. Make sure to check criteria carefully before applying for any funds to make sure you are eligible, although be mindful that meeting the eligibility criteria does not necessarily mean your application will be successful. We recommend that you have a contingency plan should you application be unsuccessful. Some funds will require you to provide a referee.   

postgraduate search

Royal Medical Benevolent Fund


Individual charities and trusts offering support :

Leverhulme Trust

Sir Richard Stapley Educational Trust  - for Medicine and Veterinary students

Medical Benevolent Fund - for medical students

Cavell Nurses Trust - for nursing students

Student Health Association (for students with a disability - Home, EU or Overseas status

Pharmacist Support - for Pharmacy students

Armed Forces Bereavement Scholarship Scheme - providing scholarships for the children of servicemen and women who have been killed on active duty since 1990.

Severn Trent Trust Fund - help with water bills, for families whose children receive free school meals






Student Services

University Park

Please see our need help page for telephone and online contact points