The Division of Psychiatry and Applied Psychology in the School of Medicine offers the Doctorate in Clinical Psychology as a professional training course in clinical psychology.
This course is run in collaboration with the University of Lincoln and in partnership with the clinical psychology services of three local NHS Trusts – Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire and Derbyshire.
The programme leads to the award of a DClinPsy doctoral degree. The purpose of the course is to train people to become skilled, clinical psychologists, eligible to be registered with the HCPC and chartered by the BPS, who are able to work effectively within the NHS and equivalent organisations.
Graduates from the course will be confident in using research methods to answer clinical questions, have organisational and service evaluation skills and be aware of priority groups within the NHS.
- all trainees must pass all components of the programme. There is no provision for the accreditation of prior learning (APL or APEL).
- due to NHS funding arrangements, the programme is not in a position to offer places to non-EU applicants without a work permit.
- any offer of a place on the programme is contingent on satisfactory health and criminal records checks.
See the Clearing House website for the Trent Programme for a fuller description of the programme.
- This training programme is run in collaboration with the University of Lincoln and in partnership with the clinical psychology services of three local NHS Trusts in Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire and Derbyshire
- It is approved by the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)and accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS). Successful completion of the programme confers eligibility for HCPC registration and for Chartered Psychologist status with the BPS
- Teaching within the division is informed by current research. We believe that research and teaching should be developed and delivered to help students and staff make a difference in the real world
A degree in Psychology conferring Graduate Basis for Chartership with the BPS. For additional requirements see the general information about entry requirements on the Clearing House website, along with programme-specific information about entry requirements for the Trent Programme on the Trent Course Centre page of the Clearing House website.