Want to have a say on how your course is run? Want to represent student views to the university? Find out how below.
What does a course rep do?
Course reps are students that put themselves forward to represent the views of the students on issues surrounding their academic experience. This includes access to library books, lecture timetables, how seminar groups work, support you can get from your department, and everything in between. You get to meet with staff in your department and give your feedback directly to the people who can change these things.
As a course rep, you will get:
- Full training for your role
- Externally recognised training around student mental health by Student Minds
- Exclusive invites to termly gatherings with senior university staff to talk about the student experience
- Certificate and recognition for your role
- Access to exclusive course rep socials
- Opportunities to engage with national bodies around how the student experience can change for the better nationally
How do I become a course rep?
You just need to register your interest on the form below. That's it! Once you start university, you will get an invite to come to training from the Students' Union and once you have attended this, you are fully recognised as a course rep.
Registration is now open and will close at 9am on Wednesday 1 November 2023.
Register to become a course rep
If you have any issues with signing up, please contact the SU team or your school directly.
Email your questions to the SU
If you want to find out more or want to have a chat with someone about the role, during Welcome:
- Come to your departmental SU presentation where you can chat with one of our full-time officers
- Meet up with the SU Student Voice Team on their stall at the Welcome Fairs on Monday 25 and Tuesday 26 September 2023 at David Ross Sports Village, University Park Campus